KELLIE N. LEGO, ESQ.
10632 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia, MD 21044
Ms. Kellie Lego is the Managing Attorney of MVP Law Group. Ms. Lego began her tenure in the legal field as a law clerk for MVP Law Group in 2005.
Ms. Lego maintains a philosophy in which client’s needs are paramount. Kellie has a hands-on approach with each client, which allows her to connect and relate to her client’s needs. By keeping caseloads at a manageable size thereby giving each client the attention and concern they deserve while allowing her team to prepare cases in a proactive and efficient manner, MVP Law Group is able to ensure that each client receives superior high-quality legal services. Ms. Lego and her team handle all aspects of clients’ cases, by preparing and compiling all the necessary documents according to governmental and state agency guidelines, by providing clients with detailed checklists for all documentation needed for the case, by walking clients through the case filing process and offering accurate time-frames and estimates for filings, and by handling all clients’ interactions with governmental and stage agency personnel. At MVP Law Group, clients are more than a case number; they are given the attention, respect and integrity they deserve. Attorney Lego understands that peace of mind is important to her clients. Therefore, she maintains regular contact with her clients regarding their specific cases and responds to all queries as quickly as possible. By constantly attending seminars and continuing legal education (CLE) courses, Ms. Lego is always up to date with the latest laws, statutes, regulations, and policies. Client Satisfaction is extremely important to Ms. Lego, she strives to exceed the expectations of all clients.
Ms. Lego’s admiration for the law became apparent when she attended Frostburg State University. Kellie became an AmeriCorps volunteer and volunteered at least ten (10) hours per week with the Juvenile Division of the Department of Justice. Kellie and her AmeriCorps team tutored and mentored under privileged male teens who were housed in a boot camp like setting in the mountains of Western Maryland. Upon graduation from FSU, Ms. Lego was keenly interested in various areas of the law and took a law clerk position with MVP Law Group to explore her curiosity. These immense curiosities led to Ms. Lego attending North Carolina Central University School of Law. While at Central, Kellie provided pro bono legal services to indigent clients in the Pro Bono Legal Clinic, worked as a volunteer for the Innocence Project, and engaged local youth in the law by teaching a Street Law course at local elementary schools in Durham, North Carolina. While engaged in her law studies, Ms. Lego continued to provide legal assistance/services to MVP Law Group. Upon completion of her legal education, Ms. Lego returned to MVP Law Group and became Managing Attorney. Ms. Lego continues to provide pro bono legal services through her involvement with the Homeless Persons Representation Project (Criminal Expungement); Hogar Catholic Charities (Naturalization); and the Wills for Heros Program (Wills, Power of Attorney, Advance Directives).
Ms. Lego’s involvement in the community is not limited to legal services. Kellie is a member of the Rotary Club of Columbia Patuxent, and serves as New Generations Chair. As New Generations Chair, Kellie works with local high school students in planning and implementing local/international community service projects. Ms. Lego also volunteers her time to speak with local high school students at Career Days and prepares students for the real world by assisting with their mock interview process.
- Bachelor of Science – Justice Studies & Political Science
- Memberships: Pi Sigma Alpha, Student Government Association, AmeriCorps
- Juris Doctorate
- Memberships: Phi Alpha Delta, Innocence Project, Pro Bono Legal Clinic
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Maryland, 2009
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), member since 2010
- DC Chapter Treasurer, 2018 – Present
- American Bar Association (ABA), member since 2009
- Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA), member since 2009
- Chair of Immigration Section, 2015 – 2016
- Secretary of Immigration Section, 2014 – 2015
- Treasurer of Immigration Section, 2013 – 2014
- Women’s Bar Association of Maryland (WBA), member since 2010
- Howard County Bar Association (HCBA), member since 2010
- At Large Member, 2018- Present
- Howard County Women’s Bar Association (HCWBA), member since 2010
- President, 2017 – Present
- Vice President, 2016 – 2017
- Treasurer, 2015 – 2016
- Secretary, 2014 – 2015
- At Large Member, 2013 – 2014
- Howard County Chamber of Commerce, member since 2011
- Howard County Tech Council, member since 2013
- Rotary Club of Columbia Patuxent, member since 2011
- Chair of New Generations, 2011 – Present