Home » Immigration » Family Based

Green Card – Family Based Immigration

Permanent immigration in the U.S. comes with a variety of rights and privileges. There are two methods for obtaining lawful permanent residency based on a familial relationship: marriage or engagement to a U.S. Citizen, or through a relative who is either a citizen of the U.S. or a lawful permanent resident. Please click on a category below which best suits your situation.

Marriage Based

Permanent immigration based upon a marital relationship exists in two categories, the K-1 Visa, also known as the Fiancé Visa, and the K-3 Visa. U.S. Citizens who are engaged to be married to a foreign national may petition the USCIS on behalf of their fiancé by way of the K-1 visa. U.S. Citizens who have a spouse that is a foreign national who is waiting abroad for an immigrant visa, can petition the USCIS on behalf of their spouse to allow them to re-unite with their family and apply for Immigrant status once in the United States. To read more, please click on the category below for more information.

» K-1 Visa, Fiancé Visa
» K-3 Visa

Family Based

Obtaining permanent resident status (“Green Card”) in the United States through a family member is a viable option for many individuals. A person may qualify for a green card through relatives if they fall into one of the following categories:

» Immediate Relative of U.S. Citizen
» Preference Relative of U.S. Citizen/Green Card Holder

For more information, please contact our law firm online or call us toll free at 1-800-447-0796.