Home » Employment Based » E-2 Visa

E-2 Visa – “Treaty Investor”

The E-2 visa allows foreign entrepreneurs from treaty nations to enter the U.S.
temporarily to carry out substantial investment and trade activities. To qualify
for this visa, the applicant must be a key employee of their company and a national
of a country that has an investor treaty with the U.S.

The E-2 visa is available for individuals known as ‘treaty investors’. A treaty
investor is a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty
of commerce and navigation. A treaty investor should be coming to the U.S. to involve
themselves in a substantial investment.

The investment may be less than that demanded for the EB-5 ($500,000). However,
if the investment becomes equal or greater than $500,000, the treaty investor may
petition for permanent immigration status.

The treaty investor’s spouse and/or children under the age of 21 may accompany him/her
under E-2 status. The treaty investor’s employees may also be eligible for the E-2

For more information, contact us online or call us toll free at 1-800-447-0796