Home » Employment Based » E-1 Visa

E-1 Visa – “Treaty Trader”

The E-1 visa allows individuals to enter the U.S. temporarily to engage in substantial
trade. There are strict requirements as to the nationality of individuals and the
level of trade necessary to qualify for the visa. As an advantage to this category,
individuals may apply directly at a U.S. Consulate.

U.S immigration policy supports investors and foreign commerce in a variety of ways.
The E-1 visa is one method for ensuring healthy commerce with the world. The E-1
Visa is issued to individuals known as ‘treaty traders’. A treaty trader is defined
as a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce
and navigation.

An applicant should be coming to the U.S. to carry on substantial trade, or to develop
and direct the operations of a business in which they have invested or will soon
invest a substantial amount of capital. An applicant must be a national of a treaty
country and must be involved in international trade. An applicant’s spouse and/or
children may accompany them under the same status. An applicant’s employees, or
the employees of the treaty company, may also be eligible to receive E-1 visas.

For more information, contact us online or call us toll free at 1-800-447-0796