Home » Temporary Work Visa » P-3 Visa

P-3 Visa – “Artist or Entertainer Coming to Be Part of a Culturally Unique Program”

The P-3 Visa is reserved for those individuals and groups who are coming temporarily to the United States to perform, coach, or teach as artists or entertainers, an ethnically distinctive program.

In order to be eligible for a P-3 Visa, the artist or entertainer needs to be visiting the United States to present a unique cultural program aimed at furthering the understanding or development of the specific art form. The program may be of a commercial or non-commercial nature.

To apply for a P-3 Visa, you must submit the following:

  • Completed Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker;
  • Written consultation by an appropriate labor organization;
  • A copy of the contract between the petitioner and the beneficiary or the summary of the terms of an oral agreement between the petitioner and the beneficiary;
  • An explanation of the event and itinerary;
  • Affidavits, testimonials or letters from recognized experts attesting to the authenticity of your or your group’s skills in performing, presenting, coaching or teaching the unique and traditional art forms and giving the credentials of the expert including the basis of his or her knowledge of your or your group’s skills; OR documentation that your or your group’s performance is culturally unique as evidenced by reviews in newspapers, journals or other published materials;
  • Documentation that all of the performances or presentations will be culturally unique events.

Note: If the events or performances will take place in multiple areas, an itinerary must be submitted. The itinerary must list the dates and locations of the events.

If you are interested in discussing your eligibility for a P-3 Visa, contact us online or call us at (240) 390-0600!