Home » Temporary Work Visa » P-2 Visa

P-2 Visa – “Individual Performer or Part of a Group Entering to Perform Under a Reciprocal Exchange Program”

The P-2 Visa is reserved for those individuals who are coming temporarily to the United States to perform as an artist or entertainer, individually or as part of a group, who will perform as part of a shared exchange program between a US organization and an organization in another country.

In order to be eligible for a P-2 Visa, you need to be a participant in an official give and take exchange program between a foreign country and the US. In addition, the performer should demonstrate similar abilities to a US performer who is participating in the program aboard.

To apply for a P-2 Visa, you must submit the following:

  • Completed Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker;
  • Written consultation by an appropriate labor organization;
  • Copy of the formal reciprocal exchange agreement between the sponsoring U.S. organization(s) and the organization(s) in a foreign country which will receive the United States artist or entertainer;
  • Statement from the sponsoring organization describing the reciprocal exchange of United States artists or entertainers as it relates to the specific petition for which classification is sought;
  • Evidence that you and the U.S. artist or entertainer subject to the reciprocal exchange agreement are artists with comparable skills and that the terms and conditions of employment are similar;
  • Evidence that an appropriate labor organization in the United States was involved in negotiating, or has concurred with, the reciprocal exchange of U.S. and foreign artists or entertainers.

Note: If the events or performances will take place in multiple areas, an itinerary must be submitted. The itinerary must list the dates and locations of the events.

If you are interested in discussing your eligibility for a P-2 Visa, contact us online or call us at (240) 390-0600!