P-1B Visa – “A Member of an Internationally Recognized Entertainment Group”
The P1-B Visa is reserved for members of internationally recognized entertainment groups. These groups must have an excellent reputation for their worldwide performances.
In addition, 75% of the group must have been part of the organization for at least one year. Some exemptions can be made for circus performers or personnel.
An artist may not apply on his/her own for the P-1B Visa.
To apply for a P-1B Visa a person must submit the following with their I-129 form:
- Written consultation from an appropriate labor organization
- Itinerary with the dates and locations of the performances
- A copy of the contract between the petitioner and the beneficiary or summary of terms of the oral agreement under which the beneficiary will be employed
- Evidence that your group has been established and performing regularly for at least one year
- Statement from the petitioner listing each member of the group and the exact dates for which each member has been employed on a regular basis by the group
- Evidence that your group is internationally recognized as outstanding in the discipline for a sustained and substantial period of time as demonstrated by evidence of your group’s receipt of, or nomination for, significant international awards or prizes for outstanding achievement in the field, or evidence of at least three of the following:
- Your group has performed and will perform as a starring or leading entertainment group in production or events which have a distinguished reputation as evidenced by critical reviews, advertisements, publicity releases, publications, contracts, or endorsements
- Your group has achieved international recognition and acclaim for outstanding achievement in its field as evidenced by reviews in major newspapers, trade journals, magazines or other published material
- Your group has performed and will perform services as a leading or starring group for organizations and establishments that have a distinguished reputation as evidenced by articles in newspapers, trade journals, publications, or testimonials
- Your group has a record of major commercial or critically acclaimed successes, as evidenced by indicators such as ratings, box office receipts, record, cassette or video sales, and other achievements as reported in trade journals, major newspapers or other publications
- Your group has received significant recognition for achievements from critics, organizations, government agencies or other recognized experts in the field
- Your group has commanded and will command a high salary or other substantial remuneration for services comparable to others similarly situated in the field, as evidenced by contracts or other reliable evidence