Home » Employment Based » Temporary Work Visa

Temporary Work Visas

Temporary Worker Visas offer a limited stay of employment in the United States for Foreign Employees. They come in various types and apply to various occupations. Some of the various worker visas allow a foreign employee to obtain them independently, while others may only be pursued through petition by a sponsoring employer. There are eight different temporary worker visa categories that our firm primarily works with.

Please click on the category that best suits your situation.

E-1 Visa – “Treaty Trader”

The E-1 visa allows individuals to enter the U.S. temporarily to engage in substantial trade. There are strict requirements as to the nationality of individuals and the level of trade necessary to qualify for the visa. As an advantage to this category, individuals may apply directly at a U.S. Consulate.

E-2 Visa – “Treaty Investor”

The E-2 visa allows foreign entrepreneurs from treaty nations to enter the U.S. temporarily to carry out substantial investment and trade activities. To qualify for this visa, the applicant must be a key employee of their company and a national of a country that has an investor treaty with the U.S.

E-3 Visa – “Australian Visa”

The E-3 visa is exclusively reserved for Australian nationals. The visa allows Australian Professionals to come to the U.S. to work in a specialty occupation, similar in many aspects to the H-1B nonimmigrant worker visa.

H-1B Nonimmigrant Visa

The H-1B nonimmigrant worker visa is subject to numerical limitations imposed by Congress. Each fiscal year, beginning on April 1, 65,000 visas are available for those who qualify for ‘Specialty Occupations.’ Specialty Occupations are defined as those that require a theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge, and the attainment of a bachelor’s or higher degree in the specific specialty (or its equivalent) as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the United States.

H-2B Nonimmigrant Visa

The H-2B nonimmigrant worker visa is subject to numerical limitations imposed by Congress. The program is capped at 66,000 visas per year and equally split between the winter and summer seasons. H-2B visas are available for individual to perform nonagricultural work of a temporary or seasonal nature, if U.S. workers capable of performing such service or labor cannot be found in the U.S. The temporary job may be professional, skilled or unskilled.

L-1 Intracompany Transferee Visa

The L-1 visa allows companies operating both in the U.S. and abroad to transfer certain types of employees from its overseas office to the U.S. office for a temporary period of time, up to seven years. This visa comes in the following categories: L-1A – for executives and managers; and L-1B – for personnel with specialized knowledge.

O-1 Visa

The O-1 Visa is reserved for those with Extra-ordinary ability in the Sciences, Arts, Education, Business or Athletics and for those who have demonstrated records of extraordinary achievement in the Motion Picture or Television Industry. To be considered an outstanding individual, an applicant should be highly regarded in their particular field, and may only work in the U.S. in that specific area of expertise.

O-2 Visa

The O-2 Visa enables the support personnel of an artist or athlete (O-1 visa holder) to accompany and assist the performer in a specific event or performance. The presence and support of the O-2 personnel must be essential to the successful performance of the O-1 visa holder.

P-1B Visa

The P1-B Visa is reserved for members of internationally recognized entertainment groups. These groups must have an excellent reputation for their worldwide performances.

P-2 Visa

The P-2 Visa is reserved for those individuals who are coming temporarily to the United States to perform as an artist or entertainer, individually or as part of a group, who will perform as part of a shared exchange program between a US organization and an organization in another country.

P-3 Visa

The P-3 Visa is reserved for those individuals and groups who are coming temporarily to the United States to perform, coach, or teach as artists or entertainers, an ethnically distinctive program.

TN Visa

The TN Visa is a product of NAFTA, the North American Free Trade Agreement. As such, the TN visa allows citizens of Canada and Mexico, as NAFTA Professionals to work in the United States for a temporary period.

For more information, contact us online or call us toll free at 1-800-447-0796.